Edgecliff Real Estate - Darling Point Real Estate - Vaucluse Real Estate - Randwick Real Estate
Tenant Vacating Instructions
1) IT IS THE TENANT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY CLEAN.
It is a requirement of your Lease, and comments like ?it was dirty when I moved in? are not an excuse for not cleaning the property and doing all of the following:
- Steam clean all carpets and provide receipt upon vacating.
- Clean the stove thoroughly. Clean the splash-trays, the griller & oven as well.
- Clean out all cupboards. Do not leave soap, rags empty bottles etc.
- Scrub marks off walls, hand marks off doorways, doors, light switches etc. (Suggest Jiff Cleaning Agent watered down)
- Clean windows internal and external.
- Remove everything from garage, remove oil stains from floor.
- Remove all rubbish from balcony or from underneath house etc.
- Clean bathroom i.e. vanity, shower tiling, bath, shower screen, toilet and all surfaces
2) FINAL INSPECTION
of the property can only be done after you vacate. If repairs or cleaning are necessary, we may claim it from your bond*.
Please contact our office as soon as possible to make a time for the final inspection.
3) If you are BREAKING YOUR AGREEMENT
your costs are:
- Rent until a new tenant can be found (or Lease expires ? whichever comes first).
- Plus one (1) weeks rent as letting fee plus GST.
- Advertising costs ? as expended.
- New leases ? $33.00 includes GST
It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you re-direct all of your mail so as to ensure that it will not continue to be delivered once you have vacated.
We trust this will be of assistance to you, and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your past custom.
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your vacating, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
VACATING INSTRUCTIONS / CLEANING
Under Section 35 of the Residential Tenancy Agreement, you should be present upon final checkout. It is also advised that you have a small range of cleaning items available at the final checkout should any further cleaning be required. Under no circumstances will any tenant be allowed to re-enter the premises following the final inspection and checkout. Any costs related to further cleaning required that has not been completed upon checkout will be deducted from your Bond.